Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lip Balm


I recently purchased FreshSugar Lip Treatment.  With 21 days of winter left to go, I still need a moisturizing lip balm.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment at Sephora
Sugar Lip Treatment is not a lipstick but more like a lip balm with a bit of color.  The balm has a light, citrusy scent and SPF 15 and full of all sorts of good things for your lips.  As you can see in the photo, it is light and transparent.  I love the way it makes my lips feel.  Very light and I love the scent.

Revlon Just Kissable Lip Balm Stain at Target
This Revlon product is about half the price of the Fresh product.  It is a balm and a stain.  The stain is deeper in color and not as transparent.  It does not feel quite as silky as the Fresh product but it has a much longer color staying power.   

Do you get frustrated by trying many lipsticks colors on the back of your hand, and then get home and try the lipstick and HATE IT!  I have a bag full of lipsticks I wore about twice.  

I read recently that you should try lipstick on the tips of your fingers as the color of your finger tips is truer to your lips than the back of your hand.   Makes sense actually.  Look at your finger tips compared to the back of your hand.







1 comment:

  1. Lipstick colors drive me crazy and as soon as I like one, they discontinue it. Ugh.

    I've become very fond of Bert's Bee's tinted lip balm. It comes in about 5 colors, but is very hard to find. I use it with my Clinique lipsticks for additional shine.

    Have a lovely weekend Deborah. It’s nice to be able to get out and visit old friends again. Relax with that attractive ginger drink you've made above and remember that spring is just around the corner.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin