Thursday, February 21, 2013

Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza


How about a new pizza combo?  

Sweet caramelized onions, salty prosciutto combine with chewy dried figs, walnuts and top it off with peppery arugula.
And the cheese?  Make it blue please.  Blue cheese pairs perfectly with walnuts and figs.
Buy pizza dough or make it yourself.  
The prosciutto is added about 3 minutes before the pizza is finished baking.  
Top with arugula just before you cut and serve. 
Hubby and I decided that the arugula needed to be "dressed" rather than just tossed on top.  So dress your arugula with a bit of oil and vinegar...just bit please.  I used walnut oil and it was magnificent.  
You can view the recipe from Coastal Living by clicking here.



1 comment:

  1. I just know I'll love that pizza
    all the ingredients are my fave
    especially the prosciutto and arugula.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin