Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad

I had some nice looking brussels sprouts in the refrigerator and wanted to try them raw in a salad.
I found this recipe on Epicurious.com.   It is a simple salad of kale, sliced brussels sprouts, a lemony vinaigrette, toasted almonds and shredded Pecorino cheese.  
I substituted Parmesan for Pecorino and added dried cranberries.  
This salad assembles quickly and is a hearty, healthy addition to a meal.  Just add some simply grilled fish, poultry or meat and maybe a loaf of crusty bread.  
Even brussels sprout haters will like this salad.  This slices of raw sprouts are less strong in flavor than cooked sprouts.  I found a package of baby kale at the market which needed no prep work and had a milder flavor than mature kale.  



1 comment:

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin