Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Musings


Autumn is definitely here in southeast Michigan.  The weather is cool, the skies are gray and for now, the leaves are beautiful hues of orange, red and yellow.  
Hubby and I decided it was time we finally visit the Eastern Market in Detroit.  We have read about it for years but never put it on the calendar.  We live near several great Farmers Markets and shop them regularly but we thought we'd explore something new.

image Jonathan Oosting | MLive.com

I did not expect to see such a beautiful structure housing a market and this is just one of the buildings on the 43 acres of the Eastern Market.  Open since 1891, up to 40,000 people vist the more than 250 vendors each Saturday.  

 These modern "sheds" are bright, clean, and spacious.

There are vendors outside of the sheds along covered walkways.

The variety and freshness of food is outstanding.

 Prior to shopping we had a delicious breakfast at the Russel Street Deli.
I had scrambled eggs with peppers, basil, asiago and provolone cheese.  Great homefries too!

I came upon this great shop, Savvy Chic.

Stepping into the shop is like entering Provence.  The eclectic boutique carries vintage and new home and garden goods, food items, art and vintage clothing.  I went home with a scented candle.

Several vendors caught my eye but I ran out of time.  I'll head back to the market soon...maybe to shop for the Thanksgiving Feast.



You may have noticed this "button" at the lower right of each photo.  If you click on it, you can pin the photo to one of your Pinterest boards.  It is a great way to save a recipe, idea, or an image for future recall.  Happy Pinning!  

Have you read Gone Girl?  
This book was a huge hit over the summer.  I got tired of waiting for my reserve request at the library and purchased it for my Kindle.  I thought it was a really dark suspense read.  Have you read it?  What did you think?

Have a spectacular beginning to a new week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin