Friday, September 7, 2012

Easing into Autumn


I am beginning to embrace autumn.  I started with the purchase of a mum and decided to replace my pot of annuals with some hardier plants that will eventually withstand frost.

Yes, that is Swiss chard in the pot.  It is hardy and colorful.  The $1.50 mum, not yet in full bloom is kept in the pot and can be replaced when the blooms have died.  The other plants were greatly reduced at the nursery.  

I got my inspiration from this Pinterest find.
                                                          Source: canadiangardening.com via Deborah on Pinterest

Click here to view the video 

I did not use these colors but the inspiration is to use plants with varied color and texture in the foliage and not rely on flowers.  It also gave the suggestion of using edible plants such as kale and chard.  For me, it is still too early in the season to welcome pumpkins.

Have a wonderful weekend.  See you on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin