Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY: Bottle Stoppers

Crate and Barrel $4.95 each
I was walking around Crate and Barrel on Saturday and spotted these colorful bottle stoppers.  Then I walked into Anthropologie and spotted some fantastic drawer knobs.

So I thought, why not use a drawer knob on a cork for a bottle stopper?

I purchased the appropriate sized corks from a craft store.  Using a hack saw, I cut off the screw end of the knob to fit the cork.  



 
Mark the center of the cork.  Drive an awl through the cork as a path to keep the screw straight as you screw it into the cork.

Done!  and no glue gun necessary.

I really like the way these bottle stoppers look on my bar cart.

I'm going to be on the lookout for antique and unusual drawer knobs for more stopper options.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin