Monday, June 11, 2012

Sugar Snap Pea Inspired

Happy Monday
I hope you had a restful weekend full of all that brings you pleasure.

Our weekend was sunny and hot...just the way I like it.  I took time to read by the pool, do a few laps and chat with the neighbors.  Hubby and I went to a u-pick produce farm and picked strawberries and sugar snap peas.  

I just love the delicate tendrils on the pea plants.
Friends invited us for dinner on Saturday night and we were served a delicious feta dip for veggies.  I thought I'd try to make one for the sugar snap peas and incorporate radishes.


I loosely based my dip on this Martha Stewart recipe.  In a mini prep food processor, I chopped about 3 tablespoon of fresh parsley and 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano.  I added about 4 oz of crumbled feta cheese, 3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and processed until almost smooth.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  
You may wish to add chopped radishes, minced garlic or sliced green onion.  

This is a refreshingly healthy dip for veggies or a nice spread for a sandwich.  I spread some on some deli roast beef, rolled it up, and had a nice little snack.  
Get creative and let me know what works for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin