Thursday, May 3, 2012

Book Suggestion: The Expats

It has been a while since I've read a book that I don't want to can't put down.  In fact, as soon as I finish telling you about this book, I am going to go back to reading.  Hubby may need to make dinner tonight.

The book is, The Expats by Chris Pavone

A young couple relocates to Europe with their two young children.  Kate, the wife, quits her job when she moves and her husband, Dexter, takes on a high-paying new job.  If you read any reviews of the book, you'll know that Kate is former CIA, so I'm not really giving anything away.  Kate has lots of time on her hands with a husband that works late hours and travels quite a bit and with her children in school.  She does the usual "expat" things like lunch with the other expat wives, works out at the gym and explores her new surrounding.  Still bored, her imagination is in overdrive and her espionage skills lead her to believe that some new acquaintances are not who they say they are and that maybe even her husband has a secret life.  Kate begins to dig deeper and layers of deception are uncovered. 
Some reviews say that relationships aren't developed adequately and that Kate thinks like a man rather than a woman.  I may tend to agree but I don't care, Chris Pavone is telling a great story...and I'm going back to finish it right now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you publish here some thing so aggressive post i am inspired here.
    Thanks for sharing...



    Garden centre in Blackpool

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need a new book. this sounds great. think i'll run to the bookstore on this rainy/stormy may day....thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin