Friday, August 26, 2011

Tranquil Weekend

I'm looking forward to the weekend and some time to relax.  I love this tranquil beach on Elbow Cay.  Just looking at this photo makes me feel calm.  BUT, it was anything but calm on this beach yesterday.  Hurricane Irene made a direct hit on Elbow Cay, one of the islands in the Bahama chain.  Their power is interrupted so I have no idea of the damage done by the hurricane.  

I hope your weekend is less dramatic than a hurricane but for those of you anticipating Irene on the east coast, be safe.  See you on Monday.  

4 comments:

  1. Greetings!

    I have seen the postcard you sent to one of the postcrossing member, I have been wishing to have a postcard from Bahamas, I do hope we can able to exchange postcards.

    Do visit my site if you have time;

    http://www.postcrosserhaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your home and property didn't suffer any damage. I believe our Abacos dodged a bullet with Irene and she wasn't nearly as bad as Floyd. The ocean breeched again near White Sound and the road is very bad down that way. I read the HTFR site every time they updated. It was really helpful and they did a great job of reporting about Elbow Cay.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could relax in my weekends too!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything is ok with your house. I know how much you have going on so hopefully you got a little bit of downtime this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin