Friday, May 27, 2011

Gel Manicure: Are The Claims True?

I was skeptical about gel manicures.Do they really last two weeks without chipping?  Well, dear Spiral Style readers, I tried the OPI Axxium Soak-Off Gel Lacquer and took photos every few days to show you how the manicure wears.

I choose the color Bubble Bath, a soft pink color that I've used in the OPI regular nail polish line.  The manicure took about 45 minutes.  The lacquer is "cured" under an ultraviolet light.

The manicure is still very shiny and no chips.  This is about the time regular nail polish is starting to loose it's luster.

My cuticles could use some attention but look at that shine and NO chips.

You can see that my nails are growing out but the lacquer still looks great and no chips or peeling

Time to remove the gel lacquer.  You can see on my thumb that my nails have grown out and I need a new manicure.  BUT still shiny and no chips or peeling. 

I am a gel lacquer convert.  For about $10 more than a regular manicure, a gel manicure will give you a shiny, chip-proof manicure lasting at least 2 weeks.  

Have you tried a gel lacquer or shellac manicure?  What has been your experience?

Have a great weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin