Monday, December 6, 2010

Rack of Pork for Quick and Elegant Dinner


Crown Roast of Pork is one of my favorite holiday meals.  But, if you are having a small dinner party a rack of pork is the way to go.  
Tell your butcher how many bones you would like.   Ask him to "French" the bones, which means he will trim the meat and fat from the ribs.  Before you roast the meat, cover the bones with foil so they don't burn.  I made a rub of olive oil, salt and pepper with chopped fresh thyme, sage and rosemary.  
Preheat oven to 425 and roast pork for 15 minutes and then turn down heat to 275 and roast until internal temperature of pork is 140. (about 20 minutes per pound)  Allow meat to rest a few minutes and then slice between ribs and serve.  I like to offer a chutney with the meat.
Whipped sweet potatoes would be a great side dish as would a butternut squash and sage risotto.  I served my favorite Wild Rice Stuffing with Pearl Onions, Dried Cherries and Apricots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin