Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vintage Tabletop Shopping

I had a great time in New Jersey over the weekend visiting family.  The weather cooperated with beautiful blue skies and crisp fall temperatures.  Foliage color was at peak so I got an extra week of color since most leaves have fallen here in Michigan.  We spent time walking around Princeton, poking into shops and having coffee at Small World Coffee Cafe.  
One of my favorite things however, was a visit to The Tomato Factory in Hopewell, NJ.  This antique center is home to 38 dealers of antiques ranging from tabletop to large pieces of furniture.  
I never got past the tabletop antiques.  As Spiral Style readers know, I love tabletop design.  I am alway on the lookout for silver flatware and decorative china salad plates or small serving bowls.  I love to give a beautiful silver cake server as an engagement gift to be used to cut the wedding cake.  As you can see in the photo, there were bins of silver flatware on the floor.

Fiestaware was stacked from floor to ceiling.  I had my eye on lots of cute salt and pepper shakers and decorative things I certainly didn't need and I managed to get away with only 6 silverplate demitasse spoons.  My husband is lucky I was limited by carry-on luggage!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post with the picture of the shop that you traveled to. I love the pictures of the silver, and it makes me want to go find all of my stray pieces and put them in a basket. I also love the bottom photo with all the fiestaware.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin