Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Smitten with Scarves

When in Paris, I love to people watch.  Mostly I am watching in awe of the tremendous style that French women seem to ooze out of their pores.  In the cooler months especially, it seems that no one leaves the house without a scarf.  
photo credit:  Street Peeper Easy Fashion
Scarves are one of  my favorite accessories.  Not only do they keep me warm during Michigan winters, they can add great color and interest to an outfit.  I always travel with a scarf or two.  A long, wide scarf is great to snuggle up with on a plane.  A basic travel wardrobe is expanded with the addition of a few, easy to pack, scarves.  
My current favorites: 1  French  2  Target  3  Target


scarves
scarves by Spiralstyle    
These are a few scarves I wouldn't mind owning, especially an animal print.


A scarf needs to look effortless, like you just threw it on as you left home.  For those of us who can't quite pull that off on our own, here is a tutorial by a lovely French woman.  You'll like the music too.  


Click here to view another video by Deja Pseu.  http://www.unefemme.net/


Do you wear scarves?  Long or square?

1 comment:

  1. I love scarves. The long wide ones are my favorite. My sister in law brought me back a beautiful lambswool scarf from Italy, and I bought a gorgeous pashmina one while in DC...I'm debating which one to wear today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin