Thursday, November 18, 2010

Safe Keeping

I'm on my way to my Bahamas house for a week or relaxation.  As careful as I try to be, I'm always a bit concerned I'll loose some important documents or my purse or wallet will be stolen and I'll be stuck and not able to get back into the US.  

To make life easier if this would happen, I've taken precautions.  Scan your passport and then email it to yourself.  Keep this email in a folder in your online account and you'll have access to this no matter where you are.  It will certainly help speed things along if you need to replace your passport since you'll have all the necessary information at hand.

Do the same with drivers license, health insurance cards, bank cards, credit cards and other important pieces of information.  I emailed each piece separately and included online id and passwords so that I could access accounts and contact the various institutions.
While I hope I never need to use these saved emails, I'm sure glad they are there if the need does arrive.  

Do you have tricks to share for travel?  I'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I wanted to ask, if you could send me a postcard from Bahamas if possible :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin