Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Guest Post: 5 Easy Pieces

Yesterday I introduced you to blogger/stylist Amanda Lalique.  She has graciously written a guest post for today. 
5 Easy Pieces:  Packing for Vacation


LESS is MORE... especially when packing for a vacay.  Personally, I like to be prepared and have options, but I don't want to bring my whole closet.  There's nothing worse than a messy, over packed bag that you can't find what you need.  Here are some of my suggestions for packing light on a trip.


JERSEY MAXI DRESSES that can be worn during the day with flats or flip flops, sunnies and a big floppy hat and at night with wedges and bangles.   These lightweight dresses are my go to for trips.  Throw on a scarf or stack a couple bangles and it's easy chic.
Photo InStyle.com

TOTE or CROSSBODY BAG... A simple daytime tote that fits all your travel needs or a convenient crossbody purse that can be worn while on the go, is always a good option.





DKNY COZY... Excellent for traveling.  This sweater can be worn in twelve ways.  (there's even a booklet on how to tie it and an IPhone application) Cozies are great on the plane as a blanket or worn as a shawl over your maxi dress at night.  Either way, it will look new and fresh.

DKNY Long Sleeve Cozy

1 Cotton Embroidered Tunic $49.99 Gap  2 Tiny Tucks Tunic $78 Anthropologie  3 Slub Tank Tunic $54 Piperlime  
4 Wave Print Tunic $77 Piperlime  5 Striated Tunic $49.95 Anthropologie
Easy, loose TUNICS and T's.  I love wearing loose tunics over leggings, skinny jeans, or shorts.  They are really comfortable and come in so many thin fabrics that they are perfect for travel.
At night, T's can be dressed up with a cardi and necklace.  You can always pack a few extra because they don't take up much room. 

1 Photo InStyle  2  Photo InStyle  3 Cardigan $49.50 JCrew


1 Wedge Aldo $80  2 Wishbone Sandals KORS Michael Kors $136.50  3 Gladiator Juicy Couture $156  Thong Sandal Guess $34.50
Pretty SANDALS.  Whether you prefer metallics, gladiator, or studded sandals, these are fashionable, comfortable, and easy to pack.  Sandals look great with anything.

MAKEUP.  Less is more when traveling as well.  A golden glow (from a bottle of course.. I prefer Loreal Sublime Bronze gel), a cheekstain (for lips/cheeks), mascara, and gloss is all you need.



1 comment:

  1. I agree to these! I'm doing Wanderlust Week on my blog next week, so I'm digging all of the travel stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin