Monday, June 7, 2010

A New Coat of Paint

A new coat of paint makes a room feel fresh and new

 Before
 
After


Before
After

I like the cool, fresh look of the new paint.  Rather than the green/turquoise color, I find these colors more calming.  Benjamin Moore is my favorite paint.  I love bright, white trim so I used Decorators White in semi-gloss.  The lighter blue on the wall is called White Satin (2067-70) and the deeper blue on the bottom is Windmill Wings (2067-60) both in eggshell finish.

Tiger fish shower curtain  Garnet Hill $48

I used this cute fish-patterned shower curtain as a divider for the bathroom and bedroom as well as a valance for the bathroom window and as a screen for the walk-in closet. 

You may wonder how long it took to paint this space...well, 
it took 1 and 2/3 seasons of 30 Rock on DVD.  



2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE it looks so nice and cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so crisp and clean. The new color blue has a nice pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin