Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quick, Healthy Dinner


Like everyone else, I feel the need to eat healthy and lite after weeks of indulgence.
I made this simple and quick fish meal last night.

I bought ruby red trout because it was about the only fresh fish at the grocery store. I topped it with a few drops of olive oil, salt and pepper, an orange slice, some sliced green onion and a fennel sprig.

I rolled up individual portions in parchment paper and baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
The beauty of this is moist fish, no clean-up and no strong fish odor in the house.

The fish was delicious.
You can view the Today Show video below of Martha Stewart making fish in parchment.

I

I rounded out the meal with steamed green beans and a salad of fennel, orange, red onion and Belgium endive with a light vinaigrette served on baby spinach.

1 comment:

  1. looks beautiful. i'll try it. i like the idea of no fish odor...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin