Thursday, January 28, 2010

Maps as Art



I was just looking at the Elle Decor website and spotted a slideshow entitled 
Maps as Inexpensive Wall Art.



photo by me
I really like the idea of large wall maps as art.  I used a large world map from Ikea to fill this wall in my loft.


I used antique map prints of the Bahamas and Caribbean in a bedroom at my Bahamas house.  We call it the map room!  A map could be a great way to remember a vacation or use a world map to track places you've visited. 




Idea from Elle Decor.  Wall map reinforced by globes.















A subway map is colorful, fun, modern art.




3 comments:

  1. I love all kinds of maps. I joined with postcrossing, so people all around the world could send me map postcards :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ave, I just bookmarked the site. I'm going to check it out thoroughly and do a post. Can I tell people you told me about it promote your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the idea of collecting vintage globes as a display. if only i had more room to decorate with!
    xox alison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin