Friday, January 15, 2010

Maple Syrup, A Sweet Pleasure


I was given a thoughtfully, clever hostess gift - maple syrup
by two delightful guests.

I adore pancakes or waffles dripping with the lovely liquid but using it as a cooking ingredient is even more tantalizing.


Tonight I made this delicious recipe from the December 2009 issue of Food & Wine.


I love to use maple syrup in a vinaigrette with mustard, cider vinegar and olive or walnut oil.
Toss some dried cherries and toasted pecans or walnut into the salad.



Equal parts chili powder and maple syrup makes the most simple glaze for grilling pork tenderloins. Use about 1 1/2 tablespoons each.


2 comments:

  1. I love how dynamic maple syrup can be in cooking. My boyfriend made maple syrup roasted pecans the other night. I also like putting maple syrup on my ice cream.

    This recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pecans sound awesome. I'm going to try sweetening Greek yogurt with the syrup. Thanks for your comment and keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin