Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's a Book Review AND a Recipe Post

I just loved all the great comments and suggestions on
Spiral Style yesterday.
Thanks so much.
I had lots of requests for recipes and books.


I thought I'd share a favorite cookbook and one of my favorite recipes from the book.
Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen was a birthday present from my sister and happens to be autographed by Tyler and he even wishes me a "Happy Birthday".  (swoon!!)
There are many really solid recipes.  I love the Sage-Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Dried Plum Sauce and the Hong Kong Crab Cakes with Baby Bok Choy, for openers.
These are recipes that do not require elaborate equipment or technique but they do take some time and planning.


photos by me
Dad's Meatloaf with Tomato Relish is my favorite recipe from the book and my favorite meatloaf recipe ever.




The secret is the Tomato Relish.  Bottled catsup is the base of the relish with lots of diced onion, garlic, tomatoes, red peppers and herbs incorporated.  A portion of this relish is added to the meatloaf mixture and another 1/2 cup tops the loaf for a very flavorful and moist meatloaf.
If you make the relish ahead of time, assembly of the meatloaf is minimal.



Tyler has made this recipe available on FoodTV.com.  You can view the recipe and check out the more than 500 comments calling this meatloaf THE ULTIMATE.  Click here for the recipe.
If there are any leftovers, you can have a killer sandwich the next day.
Amazing comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin