Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Likeness

Cover of "The Likeness: A Novel"Cover of The Likeness: A Novel

My husband suggested I try this book. He read about it and put it on hold at the library. I borrowed it as an audio book. I love to listen to books while I work in my studio or drive around running errands.

Anyway, I'm hooked. I love this book. It takes place in Ireland and the audio book has an Irish "speaker" so you get the full effect with her Irish "accent".

This is Tana French's second book with character Cassie Maddox, a police detective going undercover to investigate a murder. The case is named Operation Mirror because Cassie Maddox is a dead ringer (no pun intended) for the deceased, Lexie Madison. Lexie's death is kept secret and her friends have been told she survived. Cassie agrees to go undercover and assumes the life of Lexie Madison to try to find the killer. I'm just at the part where Cassie has spent 24 hours living with the Lexie Madison's housemates.


If this sounds good, you may want to read French's first novel, In The Woods. There is quite a bit of reference to this first book in the sequel, The Likeness. Click on the titles to read the NY Times reviews of these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from readers of Spiral Style

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin